Thursday, June 7, 2007







Today was not a fun day. Nick had to leave to go back to Iraq. It was kind of neat to see people tell us how beautiful our daughter was - becuase you know you have stared at babies before and thought how cute they were. This time it was our daughter. We have a daughter. People also stopped to thank Nick and that always brings a tear to my eye becuase you never hear about the support the troops actually get, but it is out there. When they call Nick's zone to board the plane he handed me Abby and kissed her and me a couple times before he walked to the gate. After they checked his ticket he turned back and waved...Abby knows something is different as she was very fussy and wanted to cry if I put her down today. She just wanted to be held and I don't think I was the one she wanted to be held by. We love you Daddy - Come home safe...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly.. I know that words will never make anything better, but I hope you know that if you ever need anything you can count on me.

Jessie said...

Hey Molly, What Jessica said goes for me too!! Thought of you all lots yesterday!! Jess:)

RC said...

Molly, I know we don't live close, but just send me a PM on SCS. You know I live on there anyway. LOL

Hugs,
RC

Anonymous said...

Molly,

I'm thinking of you, Abby and Nick.... There are so many peple out here admiring your family. Your strength is an inspiration to many and I admire Nick's devotion to our country. He's a hero for sure. Like the others said, if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...here comes the water works. From now until the day Nick comes home I will light a candle and send warm thoughts your way, I pray that you get them and make you feel comforted.

Anonymous said...

Molly, I just love the pictures! The ones of Abby & Daddy are priceless. I hope & pray that your man stays safe! Keep us all posted on how all is going. I live on splitcoast now. So I will always be cking your pictures.
BmxMOM- From Kentucky

Anonymous said...

Molly...I retrieved a Christmas "window" candle from the basement, put a bulb in it, put it in my dinning room window and it will stay there until Nick comes home. I have enjoyed looking at your pictures of your family. A beautiful family, indeed. You can pm me anytime. I have been through this, too, but it was Vietnam. Things do get better. Hugs Sally

Anonymous said...

Molly, It took me a minute to be able to see the keyboard through the tears! God Bless Nick an dGod Bless you & Abby! Like Mary said, You are strong and that is important. I pray for ALL of our soldiers safe return and their families for strenght. I've been in that place and our soldiers need to see the BEAUTIFUL USA! God Speed! Kellijo